Friday, February 13, 2015

Welcome to My Life with Type One Diabetes

I decided that for my first post on this blog I would just give you guys a little bit of an introduction to me and to this blog. My name is Megan, and I've been a Type One Diabetic for almost ten years now. So although I don't know everything there is to know about diabetes, I do know quite a bit and that's why I decided to start this blog. But we'll come back to that in a minute. For now, I'm going to give you a little bit more information about myself. I'm currently a senior in high school and am excited about majoring in Music Education with a concentration on choral music in the fall at college. I have wonderful friends and family who support me and are always there for me, and I'm incredibly thankful for them. Now back to diabetes, you've heard enough about me. As I said, I've been a Type One Diabetic for almost ten years now. I was diagnosed at the age of eight, and was on multiple daily injections for eight- almost nine- years, and am now on an Animas One Touch Ping insulin pump. I decided that I wanted to do something to help other diabetics out, but I didn't know exactly how to do that. I tried a couple different things, such as pen pal programs through JDRF (none of my pen pals ever responded, fyi) and online communities for diabetics, such as TuDiabetes, but, while both of those are wonderful options, neither of them really worked for me. So, fast forward in time several months, and here I am writing this blog. :D I am super excited about this and about being able to share what I've learned in my nine years of being a diabetic as well as learn from my fellow diabetics! I look forward to talking to you guys (and gals!) and if there's ever a certain topic you'd like me to blog about just let me know either at megandianej12@gmail.com or via my twitter for this blog @DarlingBetic12 (https://twitter.com/DarlingBetic12)

No comments:

Post a Comment