Thursday, March 12, 2015

Lilly Diabetes Journey Awards™

Onto a happier topic! Although diabetes isn't fun or easy to deal with, Lily Diabetes understands this and to make things a little more optimistic, I suppose, they created the Lily Diabetes Journey Awards. Basically, these awards help you celebrate milestones in your life with diabetes. After 10, 25, 50, and 75 years with diabetes, you are eligible to apply for(or be nominated by your healthcare professional) a Lily Diabetes Journey Awards. In essences, these awards are meant to help you celebrate 10, 25, 50, 75, and more years of successfully managing diabetes and I think that's pretty cool and I'm super pumped to be able to apply for first Lily Diabetes Journey Award this summer to celebrate 10 years of managing my Type One Diabetes!!!! While I'm not sure the awards are limited to Type One Diabetics, I do know that you have to have treated your diabetes with insulin continuously for the number of years the awards states (for me, 10 years) to be eligible. You can find more information about the Lily Diabetes Journey Awards at http://www.lillydiabetes.com/Pages/lilly-diabetes-journey-awards.aspx or I'm sure you can ask your endocrinologist or your diabetes educator for more info if you're curious!

No comments:

Post a Comment